Fact: I hate grocery shopping. Actually, I’ll take that one step further — I really hate shopping, period. Which makes me laugh now, because in my younger years I was a total mall rat.
But these days, I’ll take shopping on my laptop from the comfort of my living room couch over a trip to the store any day. I mean, the parking, the crowds, the in-your-face marketing tactics, finding an open checkout lane, etc… #nothanks
So it’s only natural that, when I heard that Door to Door Organics was coming to the Columbus, OH area, I was one of the first in line to try the service. With Door to Door Organics, I can get a weekly or bi-weekly delivery of fresh organic produce and groceries delivered right to my doorstep — with no delivery fee!
How Door to Door Organics Works
For as little as $25.99 per delivery, Door to Door Organics allows you to customize a box of organic fruits and vegetables and delivers it to your door (front, back, side, garage, you choose!) — at no charge!
- Select an organic produce box. Pricing starts at $25.99 for the Bitty Box or you can increase the size as follows: Small Box, $33.99; Medium Box, $40.99; Large Box, $57.99.
- Choose a weekly or biweekly delivery day. Have your produce delivered once a week or every other week.
- Customize your box by subbing out produce you don’t want for items you do. Don’t like beets? Sub them out for apples. Have enough carrots on hand? Sub in some celery instead. You can make up to five substitutions per box, and you can also note fruits or veggies that you don’t ever want to receive in your profile.
- Add organic, natural & local groceries. In addition to organic produce, Door to Door Organics also offers a wide variety of grocery items (meat, dairy, snacks, bulk products and more) at prices that are comparable to picking them up at your local grocery store. You can even set up recurring orders for many of them, which I’ve done with milk and eggs.
- Sit back and Door to Door Organics will bring it all to your door. When you purchase a produce box, there’s no delivery fee. There’s no commitment, and you can put your account on hold or cancel at any time. Plus, when you set out your packing materials on delivery day, the driver will take them for recycling when he drops off your new groceries.
Still a little on the fence because you like handling and choosing the perfect produce in store? Well, there’s no need to worry with Door to Door Organic’s Perfect Pick Guarantee. If any item doesn’t live up to your expectations, they will gladly refund the purchase price.
Really! I ordered two pie pumpkins last week before I left on a business trip, and when I got back on Sunday, I noticed one was soft and mushy. I dashed off a quick email to customer service, and I received a response within the hour (on a Sunday, remember!!!) that my account had been credited for my purchase amount.
My Real Thoughts on Door to Door Organics
I’ve been using Door to Door Organics weekly for over a month now, and I’ve been super pleased with their services. Currently, I only have one delivery day to choose from (Tuesday), but this actually works out great. Orders lock at noon on Monday, which means I can take stock of my refrigerator and pantry after the kids leave for school and place my order, knowing that I’ll receive my items the very next day.
Aside from the pie pumpkin (which had to be a fluke since the other was fine), the produce has been in excellent condition, and everything has been very well packed to prevent bruising and stay cold until it can be put away. In addition to our produce box, we’ve also purchased a variety of meats, grains, milk and other condiments that can be hard to find at our local grocers.
As I mentioned previously, the prices are on par with the grocery stores in my area, and the time savings and convenience are a HUGE plus in my book. Door to Door Organics truly live up to their #joydelivered aspirations!
Save $10 Off Your First Door to Door Organics Delivery
Are you ready to give Door to Door Organics a try for yourself? Right now I have a unique offer especially for my readers that will save you $10 off your first produce box. That makes the Bitty Box just $15.99 — a great way to try this service on a budget!
Door to Door Organics currently has delivery areas in Colorado, Delaware, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, Montana, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wyoming. Confirm that they deliver to your area by submitting your zip code at the bottom of the site. This $10 Door to Door Organics coupon will work for all delivery locations.
Stay tuned: Next week I’ll be sharing a fantastic Baked Acorn Squash recipe, made with the grocery delivery items pictured above!.
Disclosure: Sponsored by Door to Door Organics, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this site!0