I'm sure you're all well aware that pork is a delicious, budget-friendly protein perfect for any summer gathering, but have you heard the latest news about pork? The National Pork Board recently renamed a number of your favorite cuts of pork to match the names of popular cuts of beef for easier identification and preparation.
New pork names you'll see:
- Porterhouse Pork Chop (Previous name: Loin Chop)
- Ribeye Pork Chop, Bone-In (Previous name: Rib Chop Center)
- Ribeye Pork Chop (Previous name: Rib Chop)
- New York Pork Chop (Previous name: Top Loin Chop)
Plus it makes it easier to identify the cost savings of using pork in your favorite dishes!
Speaking of favorite dishes, the National Pork Board asked me to create a special pork recipe to share in honor of these new names, so I came up with this delicious grilled pork chop that features a zingy lemon-basil flavor.
And the best part? Four servings, each with a side of lemon-basil orzo, comes in at under $10!
Need a little more inspiration? Be sure to check out these other delicious recipes created by fellow bloggers, all part of the 10 for $10 recipe collection on the Pork Be Inspired site:
- Grilled Pork Chops with Minted Strawberry Avocado Salsa, by Extraordinary Mommy
- Grilled BBQ Pork Pizza Wrap, by Mama Kat's Losin' It
- Grilled Pork Chops with Tomato and Zucchini, by $5 Dinners
- Dijon Rosemary Bone-In Ribeye Pork Chops, by Sugar and Spice
- Grilled Pork Spiedies, by Frugal Upstate
- Rosemary Lemon Pork Chops, by Consumer Queen
- Pork Chop Salad with Strawberries and Almonds, by Baby Rabies
- Grilled Orange Soy New York Pork Chops with Apple Ginger Cranberry Chutney, by Average Betty
- Italian-Inspired Stuffed Pork Chops, by From Dates to Diapers
While you're there, be sure to check out the Pork Chop Drop Sweepstakes. You can instantly win a $1 off $2 pork purchase coupon or $1,000! Enter daily through July 31st to win.
This post is brought to you by the National Pork Board. All opinions are 100% mine.