I’ve always been curious about those features in magazines where you get an inside glimpse at the contents of a celebrity’s purse. Are they staged or for real? Regardless, it’s always interesting to see the mix of items that they consider “must haves” — isn’t it?!
While I definitely am NOT celebrity status, with the weekend coming up, I thought it might be kind of fun to let you all take a peek at the current contents of my purse… So I dumped it out, and here’s what it contained in all its glory — real, un-staged (other than to lay it out for a photo), along with a little background on the why behind each.
- Keys — Duh, I wouldn’t get far without these. They just live in my purse since our Yukon detects when they’re in the car, no need to put them in the ignition!
- Sunglasses — I’m big on eye protection, so I rarely leave the house without my favorite sunglasses!
- Sharpie Marker Pen — Besides writing notes and signing checks, I use these non-toxic markers to write my cell phone number on the inside of my younger kids’ arms when we’re in a crowded space. Much cheaper than those temporary tattoos I used to purchase!
- Black Honey Lipstick — Even if I don’t have time to put on any other makeup, this sheer berry lipstick brightens up my face and makes me look a little more polished!
- Hand Lotion — Dry hands are just one of those things that drive me bonkers, so I save all of my travel size tubes to tuck in my purse.
- Travel Size Facial Tissues — Totally a must have, especially for moms with kids!
- Wallet — I love my tiny little wallet. It fits just what I need and nothing more, perfect!
- Earphones — Mostly for my personal use, but also to share with my kids when they forget theirs. We’re super anal about making sure our kids aren’t bothering others with their technology devices!
- Essential Oils Travel Case — I love this little black case. It holds 8 little ⅝ dram sample vials that I fill with my favorite EOs for soothing boo-boos, allergies, relieving stress, etc.
- Hair Ties — I have fairly long hair, as do both of my girls, and we often need to pull it back out of the way at sports or when we have the top down on our JEEP. I also use them to tie back too long tees!
- Balance Bars — Healthy snacks are essential! I always carry some kind of snack in my bag, plus extras for sharing, and Balance makes it easy to share… Each package contains two snack bars that pack a perfect balance of protein for fuel with delicious taste. Totally a smart snack on the go!
Right about now you might be wondering what I keep in that blue pouch — or maybe not, but I’ll tell you in just a moment either way. :) First I have to tell you about these new Balance Bar flavors and why they’re SO ah-mazing!
I’ll start by saying that I’ve tried other Balance Bars in the past, and to be honest, they were just so-so. I mean, in a pinch they were a good source of fuel, but they weren’t exactly crave-worthy. These new flavors? Definitely crave-worthy — all for under 200 calories!
Balance Bars NEW Flavors:
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Turtle — my favorite with dark chocolate, crunchy pecans, and creamy caramel along with lean protein!
- Chocolate Caramel Peanut Nougat — a close second with rich chocolate, crunchy peanuts, and chewy caramel along with lean protein!
- Dulce de Leche & Caramel — my hubby’s fave with dulce de leche and chewy caramel along with lean protein!
- Chocolate Peppermint Patty — my kids’ favorite with rich chocolate and cool peppermint along with lean protein!
There’s really not a bad flavor in the bunch, and you can find 2-3 bars in my purse at any given time these days… (And they don’t last long, since we’re alway on the go!)
Back to that little blue pouch… It corrals all of the little essentials that I don’t want randomly floating around the bottom of my bag: waterless hand purifier, lanolin lip balm, travel tweezers, fingernail clippers, nail emery board, floss picks, bandaids, and more hair ties.
Soooooo, there you have it. Is there anything that’s a must-have in your purse that I don’t carry? Tell me about it!
P.S. Pick up these new Balance Bar flavors at Walmart stores nationwide and on Amazon.
Disclosure: Sponsored by Balance Bar, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this site!0