With only 6 ingredients, these Asian maple sausage meatballs are easy to make and a total crowd pleaser… Finished in the slow cooker, they perform double duty as a game day appetizer or as an easy weeknight dinner when served over coconut milk rice!
for the meatballs:
- 1-lb. Bob Evans maple roll sausage
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
for the sauce:
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai chili garlic sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place all of the meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Work together until fully combined, but do not overwork the meat or the meatballs will be tough and dense.
- Portion out meatballs using a small cookie scoop, shape into balls, and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees until browned and cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to your crockpot and stir together. Turn heat to low and add the cooked meatballs.
- Heat for 30 minutes and turn the crockpot to warm before serving.
These meatballs are amazing served as is for an appetizer, or serve over coconut milk rice for an easy weeknight dinner.