3 ingredients never tasted so good as in this bacon roasted butternut squash recipe… Just thick cut bacon, butternut squash and fresh thyme. The perfect paleo side dish or weeknight sheet pan meal, total winner!
- 5 pieces of NatureRaised Farms bacon, baked & chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash, about 5-7 cups peeled & cubed
- 2-3 tablespoons rendered bacon fat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake 5 slices of bacon according to the instructions here for about 20 minutes. Reserve the rendered bacon fat in a glass jar, and wipe any excess grease off the baking sheet. Chop the cooked bacon and set aside.
- While the bacon is baking, peel and cube a medium butternut squash. Toss the cubes with 2-3 tablespoons of bacon fat, salt and pepper. Spread the cubed squash out on the baking sheet used previously, leaving ample room between each piece to allow the squash to caramelize. Use a second baking sheet if necessary.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees and roast for 25 minutes or until the squash is tender and starting to caramelize.
- Stir in the chopped bacon and fresh time, and place the baking sheet(s) back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Season with additional salt, pepper, and fresh thyme, as desired. Serve warm.