These juicy and flavorful BBQ chicken foil packets with peppers and onions are the perfect all-in-one meal! Make them up early in the day for dinner or prep a whole bunch of them for your next cookout…
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut four pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil into 16-inch lengths.
- Lay a boneless, skinless chicken breast in the center of each piece of foil. Divide the bell peppers and onions into four portions, and sprinkle one portion around each breast.
- Brush each chicken breast with your favorite BBQ sauce. Drizzle the veggies with olive oil, and then sprinkle everything with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pull the short foil edges together and roll them down toward the chicken. Scrunch up the ends tightly to seal each packet.
- To grill these packets: Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and place the packets directly on the grill. Close the grill cover and cook for 25 minutes (or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees internally), turning once.
- To bake these packets: Place side by side on a baking sheet and bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees until the chicken has cooked through to 165 degrees, about 25 minutes.
- Carefully unwrap each packet before serving. Brush each chicken breast with more BBQ sauce, as desired, and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.