The Big Game is less than a week away… Who are you rooting for this year? I’ll be honest — I don’t really have a horse in this race. Nothing could top this year’s College Football National Championship anyway (and maybe nothing ever will)!
BUT I’ll still be watching, albeit mainly to see Katy Perry rock the halftime show and to check out all of the multi-million dollar commercials. And then there’s always the food: wings, dips, potato skins, pizza rolls, pulled pork sliders, walking tacos, oh my!!!
In looking for a new dip recipe to add to our spread this year, I stumbled upon this Spicy Feta Burger Dip. The recipe sounded really good, but I always like to give new recipes a trial run before making them for guests — and it’s a good thing I did because the instructions were a little convoluted. Don’t worry, though, I rewrote them in the recipe below so you can recreate this delicious cheeseburger dip yourself.
I picked up all of the ingredients on a recent Walmart shopping trip, and while I was there, I snapped a pic of the Tostitos Medium Chunky Salsa for you all so that you don’t accidentally pick up the wrong jar.
You want to purchase the jar with the green lid on the right. I accidentally picked up the Restaurant Style at first, and while I’d imagine it would work reasonably well, I could tell it definitely has a thinner consistency and could make the dip a bit soupy.
To say that this yummy cheeseburger dip was a hit is probably an understatement! My two oldest boys dug in, crunching and munching away, while mumbling all the while about how good it is. In fact, my oldest declined dinner in lieu of more dip, and honestly, I was okay with that…
This Spicy Feta Cheeseburger Dip is definitely getting filed with our other favorite easy dip recipes!Print
- 1-lb. ground beef
- 1 jar Tostitos Medium Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Drain any excess grease and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat down to low and stir in the salsa. Heat until warm.
- Add the green onions and jalapeno. Then stir in the sour cream.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl. Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese over the top and garnish with additional chopped green onions if desired.
- Serve with your favorite Tostitos Tortilla Chips — we like Tostitos Scoops! Tortilla Chips for this dip.
Control the spiciness of this cheeseburger dip based on how you chop your jalapeno. The more of the ribbed membranes and seeds you leave intact, the spicier your dip will be. For a milder dip, remove as many seeds and as much of the membrane as you can.
4 More Favorite Easy Dip Recipes
This buffalo chicken dip is a deliciously close copy of our favorite appetizer served at a local bar and grill, perfect for tailgating!
If you’re a chips and dip junkie, you’re going to LOVE this out-of-this-world chip dip recipe. It’s made with just 3 ingredients!
The addition of browned ground beef to a classic cheeseburger con queso really stretches this mouthwatering cheeseburger con queso dip to feed a hungry crowd!
This delicious avocado dip recipe combines the flavors of avocado and ranch dressing for a crowd-pleasing appetizer!
Need some more delicious Game Time inspiration? Check out these other recipes from my fellow Walmart Moms:
- Sierra Mist Pound Cake from Mommy’s Kitchen
- Walking Tacos from Frugal Upstate
- Blackened Chicken Sliders from Growing up Blackxican
- Buffalo Chicken Dip from Lille Punkin’
- Pretzel S’mores from Presley’s Pantry
- Cheesy BBQ Scoops from Wholesome Mommy
- Spicy Feta Burger Dip from Modern Mami
- Shrimp Fritters from Cutie Booty Cakes
Whether you’re celebrating game time for the NFL, college or high school, Walmart has you covered with everything from team apparel and party decor to ingredients for your fave recipes… Check out Walmart.com/gametimerecipes to get game day ready!