With just 5 ingredients, this super easy cherry dump cake recipe is sure to become your go-to dessert for cookouts, potlucks, and every other occasion… Just dump, spread, sprinkle, dot, and bake!
- 1 pkg. Pillsbury Moist Supreme Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 1 (20-oz.) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (21-oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 3/4 cup salted butter, cut into thin slices (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13×9-inch cake pan or baking dish with butter.
- Dump the undrained crushed pineapple into the pan, and spread evenly across the bottom. Dump in the cherry pie filling and spread evenly over the pineapple. Dump the dry cake mix on top of the pineapple and cherry layers, and spread evenly.
- Dot the squares of butter all over the cake mix layer. Then sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 48-53 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown around the edges. Serve hot, warm, or cold, with or without a scoop of vanilla ice cream.