Chances are you’re probably already familiar with Knorr Sides — I know we often use them as a quick and easy side dish. But it honestly never occurred to me that they might make a really fantastic meal starter.
Knorr recently approached me and asked me to give one of their simple main dish recipes a try to prove that you can easily transform any Knorr Side into a delicious main dish with just a handful of fresh ingredients. I figured I had nothing to lose, so I chose to make their Cheddar & Corn Chowder.
This corn chowder recipe starts with Knorr Cheddar Broccoli Rice Sides and gets a flavorful boost from the addition of diced ham, fresh red bell pepper and chopped cilantro, along with a few canned staples.
Top it off with some crumbled fresco cheese and a sprinkling of chopped cilantro for a satisfying, stick-to-your-ribs hot soup, and all it takes is 10 minutes of prep and 10 minutes of cook time to have it on the table!Print
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ – Cheddar Broccoli
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8.75 oz.) can cream-style corn, undrained
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies, undrained (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Bring all ingredients except cilantro and queso fresco to a boil in a large saucepot, stirring every so often.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve garnished with cilantro and queso fresco.
- Serving Size: 6 servings
I love that in addition to being such a time saver, this corn chowder recipe is also very budget-friendly. Make it even more economical by keeping your eyes peeled for the 10 for $10 sales that I often see at Giant Eagle! It’s a great time to stock up on your favorite varieties to use as side dishes or as meal starters.
This post brought to you by Giant Eagle. All opinions are 100% mine.0