It’s no secret that pro football really isn’t my thing — I’ll take “any given Saturday” over “any given Sunday” every time…
If I have to choose a pro team to root for, it would be the Steelers. My husband grew up in small-town Ohio, just across the river from Pittsburgh, so by default he was a Steelers fan growing up. Even though he isn’t really interested in pro football either, we occasionally watch a Steelers game here and there when nothing else interesting is on.
So I have no vested interested in the upcoming Super Bowl game, but we’ll be watching nonetheless — for the commercials, of course… And I’ll be using it as an excuse to make this yummy hot and cheesy corn dip again!
Frozen sweet corn gets mixed with crispy crumbled bacon, diced jalapeño peppers, and fresh chopped cilantro, and then all of that goodness gets folded into a gooey mixture of mozzarella and cream cheese. If you have trouble with self control, you do NOT want to make this dip. Seriously, I would happily skip the tortilla chips and just shovel it into my mouth with a big spoon.
Incidentally, when it comes to bacon, my hands-down favorite is Wright Brand hickory-smoked bacon. Though they’re a bit pricey, the big 48-oz. packages from Walmart are a weekly staple in our home. Thick cut and full of flavor, this bacon is well worth it in my book. In case you missed it, my favorite way to prepare bacon is by baking it in the oven!
You’re going to want to pick up a sturdy tortilla chip to scoop up this corn dip — or pita chips would be great with it, as well. Either way, put this creamy, cheesy dip on your “must try ASAP” list!Print
- 2 (10-oz.) bags frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds and ribs removed, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, bacon, garlic salt and cayenne pepper together. Fold in the cubed cream cheese and mozzarella. Pour the mixture into a 9″x9″ baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Give the mixture a good stir to blend the cream cheese and mozzarella together, and then bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with tortilla or pita chips.
On final note: I’ve noticed that frozen corn packages vary wildly in size by brand. I used the 10-oz. packages of Wild Oats organic frozen sweet corn from Walmart, but if you can only find slightly larger packages, it won’t affect the flavor in any way. Just use your favorite brand!
P.S. If you’re hosting a Super Bowl party, you’ll definitely want to check out these other 9 amazing dip recipes, as well…