Learn how to make bruschetta with this easy bruschetta recipe… It packs loads of fresh ingredients and comes together in under 15 minutes, perfect as an appetizer or even as a meal!
- 1/2 French baguette, sliced into 12 pieces
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 4 large basil leaves, chiffonade
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice half of the baguette on the diagonal into 12 half-inch thick pieces. Place bread slices on a baking sheet and toast them on the top rack of your oven at 450 degrees for about 5-6 minutes, until lightly toasted and golden brown around the edges.
- When the slices are cool enough to handle, rub them with a clove of garlic that’s been cut in half. Then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the sliced tomatoes, diced mozzarella and basil chiffonade together in a small bowl. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the bruschetta or serve on the side as a dip.