Beauty should be attainable and bring women empowerment. It’s about you and not someone else. — Drew Barrymore
Did you know that Drew Barrymore has a new line of makeup available exclusively at Walmart? I have to admit, my inner 10-year-old self near squealed out loud when I heard the news. I’ve been a huge fan of hers since I was my girls’ age…
The philosophy behind Flower is that “you no longer have to spend a lot of money to get the quality cosmetics you want and deserve.” I’m all about these high-quality cosmetics (Flower uses the same ingredients used in luxury make-up) at ultra budget-friendly prices!
Just how budget-friendly? Many items start at just $6, making it easy to occasionally treat yourself to a little pick-me-up without the “mom guilt”… You know where I’m coming from, right?!
Walmart challenged me to pick up several items for a date night look with a budget of $20, so naturally, Flower seemed like the ideal choice. I honestly had trouble whittling down my selections — there were SO many products that I wanted to try. But I stayed within my budget and snagged the following two items:
- Flower Sheer Up Lip Tint in Lacey Laurel, $7.98 — Heavy lipsticks are not my thing. This peachy-pink lip tint has just enough color, plus shine and plenty of hydration. It won a Family Circle Best Beauty Buys Award!
- Flower Lighten Up! Brightening Concealer Click Pen, $7.98 — this is one of the best concealers I’ve tried, budget or not. It’s just opaque enough to cover my undereye circles, but it doesn’t settle into those fine lines around my eyes. It’s no wonder it won an Allure Best of Beauty Award!
In addition, I already had the Flower Glisten Up Highlighter Chubby in Gold Coaster (ARV $10.48) in my makeup bag, and I just couldn’t not share it with you all. It’s the perfect warm highlighter with golden undertones, and it’s a great way to brighten up your face, even if you don’t wear much makeup. A little on the brow bones and under the outer eye corners is all it takes. This was also an Allure Best of Beauty Winner!
Honestly, I had no idea that any of these products were award-winning selections when I chose them. But I’m glad to know that I have good taste! And together they complete my ideal date night look — which isn’t so very different from my day time look.
A little added shimmer, glossy pink lips, an a little extra care in hiding those undereye circles is all I need!
Quick purchase links:
- Flower Sheer Up Lip Tint in Lacey Laurel, $7.98
- Flower Lighten Up! Brightening Concealer Click Pen, $7.98
- Flower Glisten Up Highlighter Chubbyin Gold Coaster, $10.48