- 6 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup diced medium red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced*
- juice and zest of 1 small limes
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Refrigerate for at least one hour to allow flavors to incorporate.
- Taste with tortilla chips when adjusting the salt to account for the saltiness of the chips. I typically start with 1/2 teaspoon and go from there.
- Serve this fresh tomato salsa with chips (try these homemade tortilla chips!), on top of tacos, or spooned over scrambled eggs.
*Add more jalapeño and/or toss in a few seeds if you want a hot salsa, or add less for more milder tasting salsa. The heat factor intensifies the longer the salsa sits.