Make your own all purpose taco meat seasoning and you’ll never go back to the icky processed store bought version again… Easy, less expensive, preservative-free and Whole30 approved!
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk all of the ingredients together.
- Transfer to a clean container for storage. Store in a cool, dry place for up to six months.
- Substitute this homemade taco seasoning spice mix 1:1 in any recipe that calls for taco seasoning. I typically use about 2 tablespoons + 1/4 cup of water per pound of cooked and drained ground beef.
We like spicy meals here, but if you prefer a less spicy version, simply leave out the cayenne pepper. Try this taco seasoning in this easy and budget-friendly taco meat recipe!