This easy Italian chopped salad recipe features just 4 ingredients: romaine lettuce, radicchio, cannellini beans, and sun-dried tomatoes. Dressed with a simple red wine vinaigrette, it’s a tasty quick weeknight side dish! Vegetarian & vegan.
for the red wine vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
for the Italian chopped salad:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 1/2 large head radicchio, finely chopped
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and patted dry
- 8 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk the vinegar, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil to emulsify.
- Add the chopped romaine and radicchio, beans, and sun-dried tomatoes, and toss to coat. Season the salad with additional salt and pepper to taste.
adapted from Giada De Laurentiis’ Classic Chopped Salad Recipe