Pie scraps and mason jar lids turn out the cutest ham & cheese mini quiche you’ve ever seen… Did I mention they’re delicious, too?!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out the pie scraps to 1/8-inch thick on a lightly floured surface (or use a refrigerated crust). Cut out six 4-inch rounds.
- Place each round in a standard Mason jar lid (2 3/4-inch diameter), and slightly crimp the edges.
- Line each round with parchment paper and fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake at 450 degrees F until beginning to brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool while preparing the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sautee the ham and onions in the butter over medium heat until the onions are translucent and the ham is browned. In a large measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Divide the ham and onion mixture between the six crusts, about 1 tablespoon per crust. Top each with a heaping teaspoon of shredded mozzarella cheese. Divide the egg mixture evenly among each crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until just set, about 15 minutes. Cool before serving.