These sweet & spicy quick pickled veggies are a simple mixture of your favorite vegetables submerged in a quick pickle brine with a bit of spice — makes for a super easy, healthy, and flavorful side or condiment… Five minutes to prep and ready to eat in an hour!
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced
for the quick pickle brine:
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle NAKANO® Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Slice and dice all of the veggies and pack them into a large jar with a tight-fitting lid..
- Whisk together the rice vinegar, honey, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Pour this mixture over the veggies. It may not cover them to the top, but as the veggies soften, you should be able to tamp them down.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. The longer you leave them sit, the stronger the pickled flavor will be. Quick pickled veggies will last up to one week in the refrigerator.