For the salad:
- 1 bag (12-oz.) broccoli slaw salad mix
- 2 pkgs. (3-oz.) oriental instant ramen noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green parts only)
- 1 cup shelled, roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 oriental ramen noodle flavor packet (optional)
- While you’re toasting the sliced almonds, place the ramen noodles (reserving one flavor packet if desired) in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- After the almonds are cooled, combine the broccoli slaw, crushed ramen noodles, green onions, sunflower seers, almonds, and dried cranberries in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the sugar, oriental flavor packet (optional) and vinegar until the sugar is dissolved. Gradually whisk in the sesame oil and canola oil.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the salad and toss until well coated. Refrigerate covered for at least 30 minutes or up to two hours. Toss again before serving.