These root beer popsicles are filled with creamy vanilla ice cream giving the classic root beer float a fun, new format! Creamy and full of flavor, enjoy these paletas as is or serve them alongside a root beer float for a delightful summer treat.
- 1.5 cups vanilla bean ice cream, softened
- 1 (12-oz.) can chilled A&W Root Beer
- paletas mold
- Prepare your paletas or popsicle mold according to instructions.
- Layer equal proportions of softened vanilla ice cream and chilled root beer, spooning off any residual “float foam” until each mold is filled nearly to the top.
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for 4-6 hours or until frozen solid.
- Dip mold in warm water for 8-10 seconds to remove each root beer popsicle.
TIP: use up flat root beer in this recipe and avoid all of the “float foam”.