Summer seems a long way off right now, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t still enjoy some of favorite warm weather flavors during the cold, winter months. Right?
As soon as I saw this recipe for S’mores Martinis in David Venable’s new cookbook, Back Around the Table, I knew that I had to make them ASAP. All of the flavors of an ooey-gooey s’more in a martini glass?!?! What more could you ask for?
This tasty concoction starts with Adult Chocolate Milk — yes, that’s really what it’s called. It’s simply chocolate milk with vodka! Now, why haven’t I thought to try that before? You’ll also need a bottle of marshmallow vodka. Both of these items can be picked up at your local wine and spirits store (and you may want to grab two bottles of each, because you’re going to want to make these on repeat).
Not only does this martini taste amazing, but it’s got plenty of eye appeal, too. You start by dipping the rim of the martini glass in chocolate syrup and then crushed graham crackers. Then you give is a swirl of chocolate sauce on the inside of the glass, as well. After chilling in the freezer for about an hour, you’ve got an absolutely gorgeous presentation!
Oh, and don’t forget to toss a beautifully golden, toasted marshmallow into the glass before serving. This is definitely a drink to savor!Print
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 graham crackers, finely crushed
- 2 marshmallows
- 1/4 cup Adult Chocolate Milk, divided
- 1/4 cup marshmallow vodka, divided
- 1/4 heavy cream, divided
- Place about 3 tablespoons of chocolate syrup on a small plate. Pour the crushed graham crackers onto a second plate.
- Dip the rim of one martini glass into the chocolate syrup, and then immediately dip it into the graham crackers. Quickly turn the martini glass ride side up and drizzle about 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup in a spiral design on the insides of the glass. Repeat for the second glass, and then place both glasses in the freeze for about 1 hour to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice, 1/8 cup of the Adult Chocolate Milk, 1/8 cup of the marshmallow vodka, and 1/8 cup of the cream. Shake well.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Put each marshmallow on the end of a skewer. Place the skewers in the skillet with a flat side of the marshmallows facing down, until the marshmallows turn golden, about 45 seconds. Set them aside to cool for a moment.
- Remove the glasses from the freezer. Strain the chocolate milk mixture into mixture into one of the glasses. Quickly shake up the second batch of the chocolate milk mixture and strain it into the second glass. Garnish each glass with one of the toasted marshmallows.
If you’re not familiar with David Venable, he’s the host of QVC’s popular cooking and Dining show, “In the Kitchen with David®.” Fans love his features on product information, cooking demonstrations, on-air guests, celebrity appearances and live viewer interaction.
I can’t recommend his new cookbook enough — it features exactly the kinds of recipes that I find myself drawn to the most: easy, comforting, traditional recipes with a bit of a twist. It would be a fabulous Christmas gift for anyone on your list that loves to cook!
If you think your family will enjoy this recipe, be sure to visit QVC.co/AroundtheTableCookbook to learn more about and purchase Back Around the Table: An “In the Kitchen with David” Cookbook. Filled with 156 great recipes like this, you’re sure to find something that fits your lifestyle and gathers everyone back around the table!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of QVC. The opinions and text are all mine.