This light and creamy cucumber salad has been making an appearance on our dinner table for about as long as I can remember.
- 3 cucumbers
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the cucumbers and slice both the cucumbers and onions very thin.
- Place them in a large bowl and salt them generously. Allow them to marinate for about one hour.
- Grab handfuls of the cucumber and onion mixture and squeeze as much water out as you can.
- Whisk together the sour cream, vinegar, water, and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir into cucumber mixture.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to mellow. Sprinkle paprika over the top for presentation if desired.