This easy tostadas recipe is a delicious and fun way to feed a crowd! A simple beef & black bean mixture + homemade tostadas make them budget friendly, too.
For the tostadas:
- 6 TortillaLand tortillas (flour or corn)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 batch seasoned beef & beans taco meat
- shredded Mexican cheese
- sliced avocado
- fresh cilantro, chopped
For the lime crema:
- 1 (5.3-oz.) container Greek yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush the tortillas front and back with olive oil, and sprinkle both sides with kosher salt. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake according to the type of tortilla used until the tostada shells are crisp and slightly browned: uncooked flour, 10-12 minutes; precooked flour, 5-6 minutes; corn, 12-14 minutes. Turn the tortillas halfway through baking, and prick any bubbles with a toothpick.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain off any excess grease. Stir in homemade taco seasoning and water, then mix in black beans.
- Mix the Greek yogurt with the lime juice and salt to make the lime crema sauce.
- To make the tostadas, top a tostada shell with the ground beef/black bean mixture. Sprinkle on shredded cheese, and arrange sliced avocado on top. Drizzle lime crema over the top, and sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro as desired.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg