Does it get any better than bacon + corn + a sweet & spicy honey chipotle glaze? This bacon wrapped corn is THE recipe that all your guests will be asking for after your next cookout!
This is a sponsored conversation on behalf of Tyson; all opinions and text are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this site!
We use our grill year round, albeit slightly more conservatively throughout the colder months. In the winter, we lean toward simple grilled peppers, burgers and chicken, all items that don’t require a lot of attention while grilling. But when the weather warms up, I get the itch to experiment — and this amazing bacon wrapped corn is one of the results.
It goes without saying that wrapping anything in bacon is a surefire way to add instant appeal, especially when you grill said item. In the case of this bacon wrapped corn recipe, bacon lends a smoky, rich flavor that highlights the fresh sweet corn that’s abundant in the summer months. Slathering it all with a honey chipotle glaze gives it a lovely bit of sweet heat that really makes the bacon extra crispy and delicious. THIS is the recipe that all your guests will be asking for after your next cookout!
Honey Chipotle Glaze
This luscious honey chipotle glaze really ties the bacon and corn together, and it’s SO easy to make. Simply whisk together equals parts of melted butter, pureed chipotles in adobo sauce, and honey. Then stir in a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, along with some garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
This glaze can even be made ahead of time if you’d like, though it takes almost no time at all to throw together. Divide the glaze into two bowls, one for the initial slathering and one to continue basting the corn while it’s grilling.
The recipe makes enough honey chipotle glaze for 5 ears of corn, but you might even consider doubling it. It’s super versatile! Try slathering it on chicken, burgers, and more, or you can give other veggies the bacon wrapped treatment. Think asparagus, sweet potatoes, avocado, and so forth… #yum
Wright Brand Bacon
You’re going to want to use a high quality, thick cut bacon for this bacon wrapped corn recipe — like Wright® Brand bacon. Wright Brand bacon just so happens to be my very favorite bacon, based on both flavor and packaging. Their ziploc-style package makes it easy to pull out just a few pieces for a recipe and then seal the remainder up tight to use later. Though we rarely prepare less than a full package, it’s still an uber convenient feature when I need it.
Wright Brand bacon’s hand cut and hand trimmed proprietary recipe stands up well to the grilling treatment, and the thick, smoky flavor is exactly what you want to meld with fresh sweet corn. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Bacon Wrapped Corn
Wrapping the corn in bacon couldn’t be easier, but here are a few tips for best results:
- Decide whether you want to wrap whole ears or half ears. I chose to wrap half ears to make the corn easier to eat for my smaller children, but you may want to go with whole ears for a cookout. You’ll need one piece of bacon for a half ear and two pieces for a whole ear.
- Wrap the bacon tightly. The bacon will loosen up as it cooks, so wrap the corn as tightly as you can to prevent the bacon from sliding around.
- Secure the bacon with toothpicks cut in half. I simple snipped some toothpicks in half with my kitchen scissors, and they were the perfect size for holding the bacon in place without protruding too far from the corn.
Once the corn is wrapped in bacon, slather it all with the honey chipotle glaze. Spray your grill with non-stick cooking spray, and grill over medium heat for about 20-25 minutes, until the bacon is crispy and the corn is cooked and starting to char. Turn the corn every 1-2 minutes while cooking, while occasionally basting it with the reserved glaze.
Remove the corn from the grill, season with salt to taste, and watch it fly off the platter! This recipe will surely be in heavy rotation for our gatherings this summer…Print
Does it get any better than bacon + corn + a sweet & spicy honey chipotle glaze? This bacon wrapped corn is the recipe that all your guests will be asking for after your next cookout!
- 10 slices Wright® Brand bacon
- 1/4 cup canned chipotle peppers in adobo, pureed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 corn ears, shucked and halved
- Preheat your grill on medium heat.
- While the grill warms up, mix chipotle peppers, honey and melted butter in a bowl to make the glaze. Stir in the garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Divide the glaze in half, and set aside.
- Cut the ears of corn in half. Wrap one slice of Wright® Brand bacon around each corn cob half. Stab the ends with toothpicks snipped in half to make sure that bacon doesn’t go anywhere.
- Spray the grill with non-stick cooking spray. Slather the wrapped corn cob halves with half of the honey chipotle glaze and place them on the grill.
- Grill over medium heat, turning the corn every 1-2 minutes and occasionally basting it with the remaining glaze. It should take about 20-25 minutes for the corn to cook and the bacon to crisp up.
- Remove corn from the grill, season with salt to taste, and dig in.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Pick up one of the BIG packages of Wright Brand bacon at Kroger! Once you try this bacon wrapped corn recipe, you’re going to want to wrap EVERYTHING in bacon and smother it in honey chipotle glaze…15