Hey there — welcome to Unsophisticook!
I’m Tara Kuczykowski, and this little food blog has been my online home for the past 10+ years. As a mom of 5, I’m AAALLLLLLL about quick and easy recipes that help me get dinner on the table fast.
I love exploring healthier options, such as this Instant Pot Salsa Chicken, but you’ll also find tried and true family faves, like my grandma’s Corn Casserole. Along with a smattering of adults-only treats, like my world-famous Pudding Shots…
Everything in moderation — right?!?
Curious to learn more about me? Keep scrolling for some fun facts. ❥
Our house is NEVER quiet!
Yes, things are always hoppin’ in our household! With 5 kids ranging in age from 15-20, you can bet there’s NEVER a dull moment. And thanks to the past couple of crazy years, they’re ALL still living at home. Which, as you can imagine is both a blessing and a curse!
Luckily our little suburb located just outside of Columbus, OH offers plenty to keep them busy. We truly have the best of both worlds: all the perks and charm that living in a small town affords (like driving our street legal golf cart around town), while having the bright lights of a big city just a short 15-minute drive away.
AND of course, this also means that we’re HUGE Buckeyes fans!! Fall Saturdays are forever & always reserved for tailgating…
A few of my favorite things:
When I’m not shuttling my younger kids to soccer, I love cooking and baking (obvs!), reading, running, and photography… Oh, and in my “spare time” a few years ago, I wrote a book: All In Good Time.
- Our JEEPs — I have a snazzberry 2022 Wrangler Rubicon 392XR, which I totally adore! #thatcolor And my husband has a black 2022 Gladiator Rubicon. Guess you could say we have “his and hers” JEEPs!
- The 4×4 beaches at OBX — Corolla, NC may just be my most favorite place in this whole, wide world. The ocean is my happy spot, and you can’t beat waking up to the waves crashing, dolphins playing, and wild mustangs running. Once a year is just NOT enough!
- My morning bulletproof butter coffee — I make mine by blending grassfed butter, MCT oil, a dash of cinnamon, and a pinch of fine sea salt with my coffee.
- The local craft beer scene — We’re always up for checking out one of the many small breweries in Ohio. I’m ALL about the sours; meanwhile, my hubby’s always in search of the best IPA. We actually live within walking distance of BrewDog USA’s HQ, and their DogTap Columbus taproom is our Thursday night date night on the regular. If you’re ever in the area, drop me a line.
- My Google calendar — Managing a large family’s obligations is NOT easy, so I rely on my Google calendar to organize every appointment, practice, game, work shift, etc. I tell my kids every single day: “If it’s not on the calendar, it doesn’t exist in my world!” I’m honestly not that organized in any other aspect of my life, but when it comes to my calendar, I’m a stickler.
- #ScarletTheWeim — Last, but not least, is Scarlet, our 7-year-old Weimaraner pup. Make no mistake, she rules the roost and is waayyyy too smart for her own good! She lives by the “move your feet, lose your seat” rule, and her favorite snack is… ICE. No, I’m not even joking!!
Thank you SO much for stopping by, and I sincerely hope you’ll stay awhile…