Fudge has always intimidated me… Maybe it’s the fact that my high school boyfriend’s father seriously made THE best fudge I’ve ever had, but I’ve never even attempted it — until now.
Of course this is a peanut butter fudge, so it’s not really an apples-to-apples comparison, but it turned out fantastic. AND it was super duper easy to make. Easy peanut butter fudge? Yes, please!
Oh, and what’s even better? The ingredients are super inexpensive, so you can whip up a batch for a steal!
In addition to the Planters Creamy Peanut Butter, Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme, and Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts pictured above, you’ll also need a small can of evaporated milk, sugar, butter, and vanilla extract. If you don’t have a candy thermometer, you may want to pick one up, as well. They make gauging doneness easy, but you can also use the timing guidelines for good results.
A few tips for easy fudge-making:
- Prep your baking dish before starting by lining it with aluminum foil, allowing some overhang on each side. This will allow you to lift the entire block of fudge out of the dish for easy cutting.
- Measure and prep all of your ingredients before starting as well. You’ll need to stir the sugar, butter and vanilla mixture constantly while boiling, so having everything else opened, measured, chopped, and ready to go will make the process infinitely faster and easier.
- Allow the entire four hours of cooling time before cutting the fudge. Better yet, make it in the evening and let it cool overnight.
This easy peanut butter fudge recipe makes about three pounds of peanut butter fudge, making it great for sharing. It’s also a budget-friendly holiday gift, perfect for teachers, coworkers, hostess gifts, etc.!
Normally you’d cut up the entire block into one-inch squares, but I chose to slice it into eight giftable 2×4.5-inch blocks. I wrapped each fudge block in waxed paper and tied it with some colorful twine I had on hand.
More Easy Homemade Candy Recipes
If you like this peanut butter Jet Puffed fudge recipe, you might also enjoy these other delicious homemade candy recipes:
- 4-Ingredient Crack Crackers Toffee
- Old Fashioned Peppermint Bark Recipe
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes Recipe
- White Chocolate Chow Mein Noodle Cookies
Love peanut butter fudge but want a healthier fix? Then you will ADORE these protein peanut butter balls! They’re made with just 5 ingredients and are packed with protein and healthy fats…
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @unsophisticook on Instagram and hashtag it #unsophisticook.