Fudge has always intimidated me… Maybe it’s the fact that my high school boyfriend’s father seriously made THE best fudge I’ve ever had, but I’ve never even attempted it — until now.
Of course this is a peanut butter fudge, so it’s not really an apples-to-apples comparison, but it turned out fantastic. AND it was super duper easy to make. Easy peanut butter fudge? Yes, please!
Oh, and what’s even better? The ingredients are super inexpensive, so you can whip up a batch for a steal!
In addition to the Planters Creamy Peanut Butter, Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme, and Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts pictured above, you’ll also need a small can of evaporated milk, sugar, butter, and vanilla extract. If you don’t have a candy thermometer, you may want to pick one up, as well. They make gauging doneness easy, but you can also use the timing guidelines for good results.
A few tips for easy fudge-making:
- Prep your baking dish before starting by lining it with aluminum foil, allowing some overhang on each side. This will allow you to lift the entire block of fudge out of the dish for easy cutting.
- Measure and prep all of your ingredients before starting as well. You’ll need to stir the sugar, butter and vanilla mixture constantly while boiling, so having everything else opened, measured, chopped, and ready to go will make the process infinitely faster and easier.
- Allow the entire four hours of cooling time before cutting the fudge. Better yet, make it in the evening and let it cool overnight.
This easy peanut butter fudge recipe makes about three pounds of peanut butter fudge, making it great for sharing. It’s also a budget-friendly holiday gift, perfect for teachers, coworkers, hostess gifts, etc.!
Normally you’d cut up the entire block into one-inch squares, but I chose to slice it into eight giftable 2×4.5-inch blocks. I wrapped each fudge block in waxed paper and tied it with some colorful twine I had on hand.Print
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 can (5-oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 cup Planters Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 jar (7-oz.) Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
- 1 cup Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a 9×9-inch baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Place sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for about 4 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 234 degrees F, still stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in peanut butter and marshmallow creme until completely melted. Add chopped peanuts and vanilla and mix well.
- Immediately pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, spreading evenly in dish.
- Cool at room temperature for at least 4 hours, then cut into 1-inch squares. Or for gift giving, cut into eight 2×4.5-inch blocks, wrap in waxed paper, and tie with a colorful string.
- Serving Size: 2 squares
Love peanut butter fudge but want a healthier fix? Then you will ADORE these peanut butter protein balls! They’re made with just 5 ingredients and are packed with protein and healthy fats. A perfect healthy snack idea that adults and kids alike will LOVE!3