This crispy tuna patties recipe is a super quick, easy, and healthy dinner idea! Sponsored by Blue Harbor Fish Co, a touch of mayo keeps them tender on the inside, yet crunchy and delicious on the outside… And did I mention they’re budget friendly?
Much like this beloved Parmesan-crusted chicken recipe, these crispy tuna patties were a weeknight regular when my husband and I were newlyweds. Back then we were living on a first-year apprentice’s wages, and budget-friendly proteins, like canned or pouch tuna fish, were a necessity for maintaining our meager grocery budget.
While our grocery budget has increased over the years, budget-friendly, quick & easy dinners are still in high demand around here! You know, five kids + sports and all…
Blue Harbor Fish Co Albacore Tuna
It’s been ages since I’ve made them, but tuna patties were the first recipe that I thought of when I received a package of Blue Harbor Albacore Tuna pouches recently. A quick survey of my pantry showed that I had all the necessary ingredients on hand. That’s what’s so great about a simple recipe like this — you can almost always throw it together at a moment’s notice if you keep a well-stocked pantry.
After trying these tuna pouches, Blue Harbor will definitely be on my list to keep stocked. Blue Harbor is Marine Stewardship Council certified, which means it comes from fisheries dedicated to sustainable fishing. Each pouch is filled with sustainably-caught, wild Albacore tuna that’s hand-selected and packed with only water or water and sea salt (no preservatives!), depending on the variety. The flavor is delicious, mild, and very clean!
Crispy Tuna Patties
Overall, this recipe is very forgiving. Out of bread crumbs? Used crushed saltine or butter crackers instead. Not a fan of Sriracha? Go ahead and skip it (although it really doesn’t add much heat). Swap the lemon and fresh parsley for lime and cilantro for a change of pace.
The only ingredient I wouldn’t change is the mayo… Which is weird because the tuna patties recipe my mom made when I was growing up did not have mayonnaise in it. But after trying it a few years ago, I’ve never gone back! It adds great flavor and keeps the inside of the tuna patties tender and juicy.
I like these tuna patties served over fresh greens drizzled with a simple lemon aioli. But my husband prefers to turn them into tuna burgers on a bun with guacamole — they’re super versatile like that. I love it when one recipe can please everyone… And when it’s quick and easy, too, you know you’ve got a real winner!
15-Minute Crispy Tuna Patties
Yield 4 patties
This crispy tuna patties recipe is a super quick, easy, and healthy dinner idea! Adding a touch of mayo keeps them tender on the inside, yet crunchy and delicious on the outside… And did I mention they’re budget friendly?
- 4 (3-oz.) pouches Blue Harbor Albacore Tuna
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (or your preferred oil)
- Add the tuna to a large bowl. Stir in the onions and fresh parsley.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the egg, mayonnaise, Sriracha, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Add the liquid mixture to the tuna mixture and stir together. Add the bread crumbs and use your hands to combine and mix evenly.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, about 1/2 cup each. Shape into 4 patties, each about 1 inch thick.
- Heat the avocado oil (or your desired cooking oil) over medium heat. Gently lay the tuna patties in the pan, and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve warm.
I’d love to see how your crispy tuna patties turn out… Tag me @Unsophisticook on Instagram or use the hashtag #Unsophisticook so I can check it out. Enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation on behalf of Blue Harbor Fish Co; all opinions and text are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this site!14