Multicolored sprinkles give these birthday cake cookie sandwiches a fun and festive touch… They taste just like birthday cake and are super easy to make!
Our birthday celebrations have been greatly simplified over the years… When you have at least one birthday every month from January through May, it’s just inevitable. And you know what? My kids are totally okay with it!
But that doesn’t mean I’m not down with baking them a special dessert for their special day. And why not when treats like these yummy birthday cake cookie sandwiches are SO simple and easy to make?!?
These birthday cake cookies are from the Betty Crocker Birthdays cookbook, and they can also be found on the Betty Crocker Birthdays Hub online (along with tons of other amazing birthday tips, tricks and recipes). They’re adorably cute and, according to my kids, totally taste just like birthday cake!
Fold in the sprinkles last — In the images above, you can see that my cookies turned a slight pinkish shade, which isn’t unattractive, but I would have preferred them to be slightly more yellow like the book photo. I think folding in the sprinkles last will help prevent any color run.
Invest in a set of stainless steel cookie scoops — I have a set in all four sizes, and they’re indispensable in my kitchen. For this recipe, the one tablespoon scoop is perfect for portioning out the cookie batter, and the two tablespoon scoop is ideal for doling out the frosting.
The multicolored sprinkles really give these birthday cake cookies that added fun and festive touch. Candles are optional, but they’re one party essential that my kids are NOT willing to give up!
- 1 box Betty Crocker yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1/2 cup rainbow mix candy sprinkles, halved
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- 1 container Betty Crocker vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir cake mix, 1/4 cup rainbow candy sprinkles, butter, milk and egg until a soft batter is formed.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop 20 tablespoonfuls of batter onto ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until cookies are set. Remove from the cookie sheet; cool completely.
- Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop 2 tablespoons of frosting onto the bottom of 10 cookies. Top with second cookie, bottom side down.
- Roll the edges of the frosting in 1/4 cup confetti candy sprinkles. If desired, top each with a birthday candle.
More Box Cake Mix Recipes To Try
If you love box cake mix recipes for their ease of preparation, check out these other tried and true favorites:
- Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake — With just 5 ingredients, this super easy cherry dump cake recipe is sure to become your go-to dessert for cookouts, potlucks, and every other occasion… Just dump, spread, sprinkle, dot, and bake!
- Brownie Mix Cookies Recipe — Starting with a boxed brownie mix, this 3-ingredient quick & easy brownie mix cookies recipe turns out deliciously fudgy and chewy brownie cookies in just about 15 minutes!
- Boston Cream Pie Cake — This angel food cake layered with vanilla pudding and covered in chocolate ganache is always a HUGE crowd pleaser!
- Banana Split Cake — Cover a classic strawberry poke cake with vanilla pudding, whipped cream, and a cherry on top for a delicious take on the always popular ice cream dessert!
This is a sponsored conversation on behalf of Betty Crocker; all opinions and text are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this site!