This easy cheesy meatball casserole boasts just 5 ingredients, yet is still packed with flavor… Serve it as is, over pasta, or on sandwich rolls for a versatile weeknight dinner!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Carando®. All opinions are entirely my own.
Meatball Casserole For The Win!
It’s no secret that fall is NOT one of my favorite seasons — the unpredictable weather, soggy leaves covering the ground, those first few flakes of snow that signal winter is on its way… Actually, I’m okay with the snow. That is, through about January 1st, and then I’ve had my fill for the year. But overall, I’m definitely a spring/summer kind of girl.
But I do admit that fall does have some perks — namely football season, pumpkin everything, and yummy comfort food… The temps haven’t exactly been cooperating here, but I’ve still been stepping up my comfort food game over the past week or so, starting with this cheesy meatball casserole! I mean, casseroles and fall just go hand in hand. Right?
Start With Browned Carando Abruzzese Meatballs
This cheesy meatball casserole gets its start with Carando Abruzzese Meatballs. You’ll find these Italian-style meatballs in the fresh meat deli section at Giant Eagle. Filled with Old World flavors, like premium pork, Parmesan cheese, and parsley, they’re a super versatile way to get a delicious dinner on the table fast! And I feel good knowing that Carando meatballs contain no MSG or fillers. In addition, they’re also gluten-free if that’s a concern of yours.
For this dish, I opted to brown them on an aluminum foil-covered baking sheet according to the cooking instructions: 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees, turning once, until the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees. This adds some depth of flavor, and then just peel the foil off the baking sheet and use it for some crusty homemade garlic bread to serve on the side!
5-Ingredient Cheesy Meatball Casserole
Fresh spinach is a fantastic way to add a boost of nutritious greens to hot dishes. I regularly stir it into Italian fare, because it just kind of melts into the sauce. In fact, it’s so mellow that I’ve found that my kids don’t even bother trying to pick it out! #momwin
I did just that in this yummy meatball casserole by stirring a few large handfuls of fresh spinach into the marinara sauce. Next, I nestled the cooked meatballs down in the sauce, and then proceeded to drop large teaspoonfuls of ricotta cheese all around them.
Finally, I sprinkled about a cup-and-a-half of shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese all over the top, and then put it in the oven to bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes. If you want to add a little browning to the cheese, simply pop it under the broiler for 3-4 minutes.
Easiest Ever Meatball Casserole
That’s it! Just 5 ingredients to a flavorful and filling casserole dinner, and I have to say that I adore how flexible this recipe is. You can serve it up as is, or you can stretch it a bit by spooning it over cooked noodles. Or over white or brown rice. Or put it in a sub roll… So many possibilities!
PIN IT NOW! CLICK HERE TO ADD THIS MEATBALL CASSEROLE RECIPE TO YOUR CASSEROLE RECIPES BOARD ON PINTEREST!
More yummy & easy casserole recipes to try:
- This easy green bean casserole recipe is my family’s version of the classic recipe and uses only 3 ingredients, including canned green beans… Because who needs another complicated side dish recipe? NOT this mama!
- This custardy creamed corn casserole recipe is SO good you’ll want to scrape the dish clean to get every last bit of caramelized goodness… My favorite of all the corn casserole recipes I’ve tried, just like my grandma made it!
- This baked macaroni and cheese casserole is easy homemade macaroni and cheese at its best! Gooey and cheesy with a layer of crushed potato chips on top for texture…
- Give this yummy Mexican tater tot casserole a try for your next Taco Tuesday! Taco-spiced saucy ground beef, black beans, and corn, topped off with crispy tater tots and cheese makes for an easy family-favorite dinner.
- This divine ooey-gooey cheesy chicken broccoli and rice casserole recipe comes together with just 6 simple ingredients, all of which you likely already have in your pantry and freezer!
Or you might also want to try these crockpot meatball subs!! So perfect for busy weeknights…
Carando Meatballs at Giant Eagle
I bet you’re dying to run out and pick up some Carando Meatballs now… Yes? Well, you’ll also want to give their Sicilian variety a try — both the Sicilian and the Abruzzese variety are equally tasty!