This easy buffalo chicken dip recipe will blow your guests’ minds at your next tailgate or homegate… Just six ingredients and you can make it in the oven or the crockpot!
It’s that time of year: the kids are back in school, the days are alternating between blazingly hot and downright cool… and football is back on TV! I’m not really in to pro football, but I could watch college football all day long — and that’s exactly what we do on Saturdays during the fall.
Our whole family looks forward to our Saturday game day get togethers with friends all week, and we have a number of recipes that we like to rotate through for snacks while we’re cheering on the Buckeyes. One of my favorites (which also happens to be one of the easiest to make) is this buffalo chicken dip!
I started with the buffalo chicken dip recipe from Frank’s RedHot and tweaked it to make it more like the buffalo dip that we often order as an appetizer at our favorite local bar and grill. Their dip is a little saucier, with less chicken, and includes cheddar cheese, and I think this is a deliciously close copy. You just can’t beat a six-ingredient dip recipe!
While they serve their buffalo chicken dip with toasted baguette rounds (which I do actually prefer), for more convenience, it can be served with tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, or even celery. I highly recommend buying double the ingredients so you can make a second batch when the first is gone — ’cause it will disappear quickly!Print
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (12.5-oz.) cans chicken breast in water, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Microwave the cream cheese in a large bowl for 30-second intervals until you can stir it smooth, about 2-2 1/2 minutes total.
- Mix in the ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, cheese, and chicken. I prefer to use a hand mixer for this step to shred the chicken up and incorporate some air into the mixture.
- Spread the mixture in a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the dip is bubbling and heated through. Alternately you could pour the mixture in a slow cooker and heat on low until bubbly and then turn it down to warm.
- Serve with tortilla chips or toasted baguette slices.
You can also choose the method of preparation that’s easiest for you — it’s equally delicious whether made in the oven or in your slow cooker. I prefer the presentation when it’s made in the oven, but if you’re going to be munching on it all day long, the crockpot is definitely the way to go so it stays warm.
Need some more inspiration? Check out some of our other favorite tailgate dip recipes:
- Cheeseburger Con Queso Dip
- Lightened Up Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Warm & Creamy Bacon Dip
- Sour Cream Dill Dip Recipe
- Simple Avocado Ranch Dip
- 7-Layer Mexican Dip