With just 5 ingredients, these grilled potatoes in foil packets have everything going for them… Quick, easy, delicious, and virtually mess-free!
This is a sponsored conversation on behalf of Tin Star Foods; all opinions and text are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this site!
Snow, rain, heat, gloom of night — just like the U.S. Postal Service, we cook out in them all. Seriously! Just this past Sunday morning at 3:30am (!!!), my husband decided to fire up the grill and cook a few burgers…
Okay, so maybe that’s a BIT extreme and outside of our norm, but we do grill out A LOT. Typically my husband does the grilling, while I prepare a couple of sides on the stovetop or in the oven.
Lately we’ve been experimenting with making more sides on the grill (oh, hi there yummy bacon wrapped corn!), with these easy grilled potatoes in foil packets being one recipe that we’ve been turning to over and over.
Grilling in foil packets is a surefire way to cook a simple and delicious side dish right alongside your protein without a lot of fuss. Plus it’s an excellent way to avoid cross-contamination if you have any vegetarians in your family. AND perhaps my favorite benefit, there’s virtually NO MESS! Serve these potatoes right in the foil, and then toss it after dinner.
Ghee For The Win!
I developed this grilled potatoes in foil recipe back when we were in the midst of our Whole30 challenge, so it’s Whole30 compliant! This particular recipe uses ghee (a kind of clarified butter that originated in India), which gives the potatoes a delicious delicate buttery flavor. If you’ve never tried it, you’re in for SUCH a treat — I fell madly in love during our Whole30 and haven’t looked back, and I think you will, too.
I should warn you, though, not all ghee is the same. I’ve tried a few brands that are super high quality and amazing, but I’ve also tried a few that were absolutely awful. One was so bad that I threw the entire giant tub away…
So, I’ll save you some of the hassle and just tell you to try one of the varieties from Tin Star Foods. They’re always high quality, delicious, and filled with essential vitamins and minerals. Made in small batches, with butter and cream from cows that were 100% grass fed, and using traditional cooking methods, you can truly taste the difference in Tin Star Foods ghee.
Grilled Potatoes In Foil
Five ingredients are all you need to make this amazing grilled potatoes in foil recipe — baby red potatoes, ghee, minced garlic, my favorite Italian seasoning, and the juice and zest of one lemon.
Of course, you’ll also want to season them with a little salt and pepper, but I don’t include those in my ingredient count. Every home cook should have them on hand at all times!
I like to divide the recipe among four foil packets, so I end up with four individual servings. If I need more than four servings, no problem! I’ve written the recipe so that it’s super easy to calculate how to increase the number of packets.
Plus you can use this recipe as kind of a template to come up with your own flavor profiles. Try using different spices, adding some diced onions, crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, etc. — there are SO many possibilities!
More quick & easy side dishes to try:
- No more undercooked sweet potatoes, this one simple secret will produce a perfectly cooked Instant Pot sweet potato every time… Making sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot is a total game changer for meal prep or those doing a Whole30!
- These easy ranch potatoes are totally one of my favorite roasted potato recipes… Crispy and seasoned to perfection with garlic and ranch seasoning!
- A favorite staple recipe that has rave reviews from family and friends, these oven roasted baby potatoes couldn’t be easier to prepare. Simply toss baby gold potatoes with the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil, and then roast to perfection!
- Want to learn how to make zucchini pasta with just 3 ingredients? Start with a bag of frozen zucchini noodles, and you can have this easy zucchini noodles recipe on your table in under 10 minutes! Low carb, gluten-free & Whole30 compliant.
- These sauteed green beans with garlic are a simple and easy side dish… Adding a little extra raw minced garlic at the end of cooking gives them an extra unexpected punch of flavor!
Healthy Eating Meal Plan
Tuesday 18th of July 2017
grilled potatoes are my favorite!