This grilled honey lime chicken recipe is my favorite way to get out of a chicken breast rut! Flavorful and juicy, thanks to a simple 5-ingredient honey lime marinade…
It’s that time of year when everyone is looking to eat a little healthier. I know I ate more than my fill of sweets over the holiday season!
It’s pretty common knowledge now that including a moderate serving of lean proteins, like chicken breasts, in your meal is a great way to keep your calorie count low, while still keeping your belly full. But let’s face it — chicken can get a little boring…
My mom sent me this honey lime chicken recipe several months ago, but it got buried in my inbox and I forgot all about it. She reminded me of it again the other day, so I took a second look and was excited to see that I already had all of the ingredients on hand.
The honey lime chicken marinade consists of only five ingredients, but wow, does it ever perk up your chicken and turn it into something special. This is a recipe worth sharing!
As I mentioned, just five simple ingredients — soy sauce, lime juice, olive oil, honey, and chopped garlic — get whisked together to create the marinade. I sliced up my chicken breasts so the marinade could cover more surface area, and I put the sliced chicken and marinade in a large Ziploc bag to marinate for about four hours.
This was super simple to throw together at lunch time, and it was ready to grill when the kids got home from school.
Slicing the chicken breasts makes the grilling process much faster — about five minutes per side was all that was necessary. It also made serving the chicken super easy, a couple slices for my youngest, adding a few more for my bigger eaters.
I served our honey lime chicken over this delicious coconut cilantro lime rice. This is one quick and easy weeknight meal!Print
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped or pressed
- 4 large chicken breasts, whole or sliced
- Add soy sauce, lime juice, olive oil, honey, and garlic to a small bowl in that order (the olive oil will help the honey slide right out of the spoon). Whisk together thoroughly.
- Place chicken in a large Ziploc bag and pour the marinade in. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. I prefer to do it for about four hours.
- After marinating, grill chicken over high heat for about five minutes per side for slices or seven minutes per side for whole breasts, until cooked through.
If you love this Grilled Honey Lime Chicken, I have a feeling you’ll also love these Cilantro Chipotle Grilled Chicken Thighs… Add a veggie side to either recipe and you’ve got a delicious and filling, yet still healthful, meal that will appeal to the whole family!
Some healthy veggie sides to consider:
- Greek Cucumber Salad
- Roasted Sesame Asparagus
- Simple Fresh Buttered Peas
- Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
What’s your favorite way to get out of a chicken breast rut?