With just 4 ingredients and only 30-minutes of baking, these amazing baked boneless skinless chicken thighs are sure to become a weeknight staple. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!
Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
School’s been back in session here for about a month — and you know what that means… Well, besides the fact that my house is eerily quiet, it means the weeknight dinner dash is ON!
Our after school hours are packed with sports and homework, so getting a healthy dinner (that everyone will actually eat) on the table quickly is essential. To be honest, there are many, MANY evenings where I don’t even start dinner until after 7:30, so quick, easy, and delicious is absolutely the name of the game.
Mustard-glazed oven baked chicken thighs to the rescue! Truly, I can’t believe that I haven’t shared this easy boneless skinless baked chicken thighs recipe before. It’s one of our FAVORITE dishes, so I make it at least every other week. My boys absolutely devour them, and the best part is they can be ready in just over 30 minutes. Really!
Baked Boneless Chicken Thighs = Flavorful Chicken
Now, I have a feeling that some of you might be a little on the fence about chicken thighs… For years we’ve been hearing that white meat (like chicken breasts) is the way to go. But here’s why you should give them a try: FLAVOR! Dark meat chicken is ever so much more flavorful and tender than boneless skinless chicken breasts.
You may be under the impression that chicken thighs are fatty and greasy, but it’s the skin that contains most of the fat. I use the Harvestland Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs from Walmart, so there’s no fatty skin and the rest of the fat will cook off when baking. See? Nothing to be scared of at. all.
But on the other hand, chicken thighs with the skin on are also perfectly healthy. If you’ve been searching for a recipe for delicious keto chicken thighs, you can totally make this recipe with skin-on chicken thighs. I’ve even made it with bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs. The results are always stellar!
Mustard Glaze For Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
This simple mustard glaze is SO delicious! All you need are melted coconut oil, Dijon mustard, and poultry seasoning — plus a touch of salt and pepper. Stir them all together, and brush the mixture on your chicken thighs.
TIP: If your coconut oil is solid, simply measure it out into a small mixing bowl and set it in the oven for a few minutes while it’s preheating. Once it’s mostly melted, you can stir it to melt any remaining chunks and whisk in the rest of the ingredients!
After packing the chicken thighs into a 9×13″ ceramic baking dish, I use a silicone basting brush to coat them with the mustard glaze, give them a small dose of freshly cracked black pepper, and bake.
Seriously, THAT’S IT! Just 6 simple ingredients — or actually 4 if you don’t count the salt & pepper, since those are universally considered pantry staples.
How Long To Bake Chicken Thighs
If you’re wondering how long to bake chicken thighs in the oven, the average is about 30 minutes. Bone-in or boneless should not affect the cooking time wildly.
But if you really want to be sure your chicken thighs are perfectly cooked, I cannot recommend this digital meat thermometer enough. Insert it into the center of one of the chicken thighs, and when it reads 165 degrees, you can be certain they’re done to perfection.
I use my meat thermometer every. single. day. I even took it on vacation with us this year! And then I forgot to bring it home, so I ordered a new one the same day we returned home. GET ONE, you won’t regret it!
Best Chicken Thigh Recipe
This really is the BEST chicken thigh recipe… I hope you’ll try it and let me know what you think! And if you need some suggestions for easy side dishes to pair with it, keep reading after the recipe.
PIN IT NOW! CLICK HERE TO ADD THIS BAKED BONELESS CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE TO YOUR CHICKEN RECIPES BOARD ON PINTEREST!Print
With just 4 ingredients and only 30-minutes of baking, these amazing baked boneless skinless chicken thighs are sure to become a weeknight staple. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, Dijon mustard, poultry seasoning, and salt.
- Arrange the chicken thighs in a 9×13” baking dish. Brush the mustard glaze mixture evenly over the top of each thigh. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted into the center of one of the chicken thighs.
Winning Side Dishes For Baked Chicken Thighs
Here are a few easy ideas for quick sides to pair with these yummy oven baked chicken thighs:
- Make double batches of grains — When I make grain sides, like coconut milk rice or coconut lime quinoa, I prepare a double batch so I can just reheat the leftovers for a second meal later in the week.
- Keep prepped fresh veggies on hand — Taking a few minutes early in the week to cut up fresh bell peppers, carrots, celery, green beans, etc. shaves precious minutes off of meal prep later on. I can serve them paired with a dip in a pinch or toss them with some olive oil, salt, and pepper and pop them in the oven with the chicken for an easy roasted veggie side.
- Toss a simple salad — I’ve found that the key to getting my kids to eat more greens is to add a generous serving of fruit to our salads. Grapes, strawberries, mandarin oranges, and blueberries always go over well, and they taste great drizzled with a simple vinaigrette.