My kids love pizza rolls. I think the frozen store bought variety are just okay, but we typically pick up a large bag each time we make a warehouse club trip just because they’re so darn easy for the kids to heat up in the toaster oven for a quick snack or lunch.
On the other hand, I could go a little crazy on these crescent pizza rolls! I have a bit of a weakness for crispy, flaky crescent rolls, and when you fill them with gooey, melted mozzarella cheese and pepperoni… ooh, I think I need to go make another batch right now.
And why not? They’re super easy to make — even my kids can work together assembly line style to prep them.
It’s as simple as laying half of a mozzarella cheese stick on the wide edge of an unrolled crescent roll, adding sliced pepperoni (how adorable are these Hormel Pepperoni Minis that I found at Walmart?!?), and then folding the sides inward while rolling the entire thing up as you normally would a crescent roll.
After drizzling the crescent pizza rolls with a mixture of extra virgin olive oil, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese, they’re baked until golden brown. Served on a platter with your favorite pizza sauce, this is tailgating fare at its finest.
BTW, did you notice that I used my Reynolds parchment paper baking sheets? Cleanup is soooooo easy — love these things!
I’ll be honest, though, we’re just as likely to serve them for dinner on a busy weeknight with a big bowl of salad. Either way, this is a must-try recipe!Print
- 2 (8-oz.) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 mozzarella cheese sticks, halved
- 1 pkg. pepperoni minis or regular pepperoni, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- pizza sauce, optional
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll and separate the crescent roll dough into triangles.
- Place one half of a mozzarella stick on the bottom of each triangle, along with 8-9 pepperoni minis or pieces or chopped pepperoni. Fold the sides up around the cheese and pepperoni, and then roll the whole thing up as you normally would a crescent roll.
- Whisk together olive oil, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. Drizzle over the unbaked crescent pizza rolls.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce, if desired.
Along with these yummy crescent pizza rolls, here are four more of my family’s favorite game day recipes!
This buffalo chicken dip is a deliciously close copy of our favorite appetizer served at a local bar and grill, perfect for tailgating!
The addition of browned ground beef in this cheeseburger con queso really stretches this delicious dip to feed a hungry crowd!
Don’t miss these crispy Coca-Cola baked chicken wings smothered in a delicious sweet and tangy sauce, perfect for game day and beyond!
If you’re a chips and dip junkie, you’re going to LOVE this out-of-this-world 3-ingredient chip dip recipe, perfect for tailgating!
Whether you’re celebrating game time for the NFL, college or high school, Walmart has you covered with everything from team apparel and party decor to ingredients for your fave recipes… Check out Walmart.com/gametime to get game day ready!
What are your favorite game day recipes?