Typically I’m not big on semi-homemade recipes, and even when it comes to frozen drinks, we make them from scratch, juicing fresh limes and lemons for our frozen margaritas. However, my favorite strawberry daiquiri recipe calls for Bacardi Mixers Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Mix. But don’t think for a second that we just dump the mix in a blender with some rum and ice and call it a day…
Admittedly there’s not a whole lot more to it, but it’s those little extra touches that make this THE best strawberry daiquiri I’ve ever had — not too sweet, not too tart, and deliciously thick and creamy. And it’s hands down the easiest to make!
You’ll need the Bacardi Mix, a package of frozen strawberries, a banana, and a bottle of coconut rum. Malibu Coconut Rum is our liqueur of choice — the top shelf 24% alcohol version from the state store when we remember to buy during store hours. As for the banana, this is one of those occasions where I dip into my stash of frozen bananas (you know, for smoothies!) to add creaminess and take away some of the tartness that strawberries can have.
We mix up our drinks in our Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker (LOVE this thing!), but a regular blender will do.
If you want to serve up a pretty strawberry daiquiri, you can dip the rims of your glasses in water or rub the rim with a cut lemon or lime. Then dip the glass in regular granulated sugar for a decorative look. Of course you can also just skip this step because they taste delicious either way!
My neighbors are going to be thrilled that I posted this “recipe”. They’re always asking what our secret is — now you all know!
Need a few more adult summer drink recipes? Here are some of my all-time faves:
- How To Make Pudding Shots — These luscious chocolate pudding shots are heavenly little cups of alcohol-infused pudding that are sure to make you the host or hostess with the mostest!
- Vanilla Pudding Shots with RumChata — These dreamy RumChata pudding shots are luscious little cups of cinnamon-y, vanilla-y alcohol-infused pudding that will be the star of your next cookout or tailgate!
- Paloma Drink Recipe — This easy paloma cocktail is made with tequila and Squirt grapefruit soda, with a squeeze of lime juice and a sprinkle of salt. I like to call it the poor man’s margarita — simple, inexpensive, and delicious!
- Peach Moscato Wine Slushies — Just three ingredients combine to make these ah-mazing peach wine slushies: moscato wine, frozen peaches, and confectioners sugar. Easy to make ahead!
- Kahlúa Root Beer Float — What happens when you mix a classic root beer float with Kahlúa French Vanilla? Magic, that’s what! Guests will adore this Kahlúa root beer float on a hot summer night…
- Frozen Peach Bellinis — Bellinis are the perfect sip for a balmy summer evening… Make the boozy peach sorbet base ahead of time using fresh or frozen peaches. Then top it off with a splash of Prosecco for a refreshing fruity cocktail!