What happens when you mix a classic root beer float with Kahlúa French Vanilla? Magic, that’s what! Guests will adore this alcoholic root beer float on a hot summer night…
Root beer floats were always one of my favorite treats growing up. So when I recently found a recipe for Kahlúa Root Beer on the Kahlúa website, and it got me wondering what a Kahlúa root beer float might taste like.
Which led to thinking about how well Kahlúa French Vanilla and vanilla ice cream would pair together… And maybe throw in a few chocolate sprinkles for good measure? This was a seriously fun rabbit hole to go down.
Anyhow I went for it — and I have to say it’s totally delicious! If you’re looking for a super simple and easy Kahlúa drink, the Kahlúa root beer is a pretty amazing combination all on its own. But when you add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it’s just such a decadent and slightly naughty twist on a summer classic. With ice cream or without, it’s a winner!
Kahlúa Root Beer Float + Chocolate Sprinkles
If you really want to up your game, try dipping the mugs in a little sweetened condensed milk and then in chocolate sprinkles for a fun and tasty garnish. Or a simple frosty mug will suffice, as well. Don’t forget the straw!
If you love this Kahlúa root beer float, you’ll also love these other Kahlúa drink recipes that I created in partnership with Kahlúa. Bottoms up!
- Simple Kahlúa Club Soda Cocktail — mixing up this drink is nearly effortless, and it pairs well with just about anything!
- Iced Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice Latte — this boozy version of my favorite coffee drink is the perfect indulgence for weekend afternoons!
- Kahlúa Peppermint Espresso Martini — this minty espresso martini, garnished with crushed peppermint candies, is the perfect elegant holiday cocktail!
- Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice Coffee — when the weather turns colder, this after dinner coffee recipe is super versatile and almost a dessert in itself!
Need a few more adult drink recipes? Here are some of my all-time faves:
- Chocolate Pudding Shots — These luscious chocolate pudding shots are heavenly little cups of alcohol-infused pudding that are sure to make you the host or hostess with the mostest!
- Vanilla Pudding Shots — These dreamy RumChata pudding shots are luscious little cups of cinnamon-y, vanilla-y alcohol-infused pudding that will be the star of your next cookout or tailgate!
- Paloma Cocktail — This easy paloma cocktail is made with tequila and Squirt grapefruit soda, with a squeeze of lime juice and a sprinkle of salt. I like to call it the poor man’s margarita — simple, inexpensive, and delicious!
- How To Make Wine Slushies — Just three ingredients combine to make these ah-mazing peach wine slushies: moscato wine, frozen peaches, and confectioners sugar. Frosty and fabulous!
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri — Hands down THE BEST strawberry daiquiri I’ve ever had: not too sweet, not too tart, and deliciously thick and creamy! Uses just four ingredients.
Kahlúa French Vanilla is available year round at major retail locations. Suggested retail price is $16.99 per 750 ml bottle. To get inspiration for more great recipes and entertaining ideas with Kahlúa and for a chance to win the ultimate holiday party, please visit KahluaHoliday.com.
P.S. If you’re just a fan of root beer floats in general, try these super easy root beer float popsicles! They’re ideal for the kids to enjoy while you sip on your adult treat.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kahlúa. The opinions and text are all mine.