What happens when you mix a classic root beer float with Kahlúa French Vanilla? Magic, that’s what! Guests will adore this alcoholic root beer float on a hot summer night…
Root beer floats were always one of my favorite treats growing up. So when I recently found a recipe for Kahlúa Root Beer on the Kahlúa website, and it got me wondering what a Kahlúa root beer float might taste like.
Which led to thinking about how well Kahlúa French Vanilla and vanilla ice cream would pair together… And maybe throw in a few chocolate sprinkles for good measure? This was a seriously fun rabbit hole to go down.
Anyhow I went for it — and I have to say it’s totally delicious! If you’re looking for a super simple and easy Kahlúa drink, the Kahlúa root beer is a pretty amazing combination all on its own. But when you add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it’s just such a decadent and slightly naughty twist on a summer classic. With ice cream or without, it’s a winner!
Kahlúa Root Beer Float + Chocolate Sprinkles
If you really want to up your game, try dipping the mugs in a little sweetened condensed milk and then in chocolate sprinkles for a fun and tasty garnish. Or a simple frosty mug will suffice, as well. Don’t forget the straw!Print
- 2 parts Kahlúa French Vanilla
- 3 parts chilled root beer
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- sweetened condensed milk, optional
- chocolate sprinkles, optional
If you love this Kahlúa root beer float, you’ll also love these other Kahlúa drink recipes that I created in partnership with Kahlúa. Bottoms up!
- Simple Kahlúa Club Soda Cocktail — mixing up this drink is nearly effortless, and it pairs well with just about anything!
- Iced Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice Latte — this boozy version of my favorite coffee drink is the perfect indulgence for weekend afternoons!
- Kahlúa Peppermint Espresso Martini — this minty espresso martini, garnished with crushed peppermint candies, is the perfect elegant holiday cocktail!
- Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice Coffee — when the weather turns colder, this after dinner coffee recipe is super versatile and almost a dessert in itself!
Need a few more adult drink recipes? Here are some of my all-time faves:
- Chocolate Pudding Shots — These luscious chocolate pudding shots are heavenly little cups of alcohol-infused pudding that are sure to make you the host or hostess with the mostest!
- Vanilla Pudding Shots — These dreamy RumChata pudding shots are luscious little cups of cinnamon-y, vanilla-y alcohol-infused pudding that will be the star of your next cookout or tailgate!
- Paloma Cocktail — This easy paloma cocktail is made with tequila and Squirt grapefruit soda, with a squeeze of lime juice and a sprinkle of salt. I like to call it the poor man’s margarita — simple, inexpensive, and delicious!
- How To Make Wine Slushies — Just three ingredients combine to make these ah-mazing peach wine slushies: moscato wine, frozen peaches, and confectioners sugar. Frosty and fabulous!
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri — Hands down THE BEST strawberry daiquiri I’ve ever had: not too sweet, not too tart, and deliciously thick and creamy! Uses just four ingredients.
Kahlúa French Vanilla is available year round at major retail locations. Suggested retail price is $16.99 per 750 ml bottle. To get inspiration for more great recipes and entertaining ideas with Kahlúa and for a chance to win the ultimate holiday party, please visit KahluaHoliday.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kahlúa. The opinions and text are all mine.5