Friday nights are pizza night in our household. Some days we make our dough from scratch and others we break out a can of store bought dough. Either way, we love to try new recipes to keep things exciting (along with a regular pepperoni pizza for the less adventurous family members), and this buffalo chicken pizza sure spiced things up a bit last week!
Since my kids were on spring break last week, I went the easy route for dinner, picking up up a can of thin crust refrigerated pizza dough and a rotisserie chicken, along with a bottle of Marzetti Blue Cheese Salad Dressing to top it all off. Homemade pizza dough and leftover chicken from earlier in the week would be perfect options as well, but leftover chicken can be hard to come by in our household.
When it comes to wings, I’ve always been a fan of the classic buffalo sauce recipe. It’s incredibly simple to make — three parts melted butter to two parts hot cayenne pepper sauce. Yeah, that’s a lot of butter, but it’s so worth an occasional splurge!
Topped with blue cheese, celery, and blue cheese dressing, this buffalo chicken pizza recipe is a real winner. Paired with your favorite side salad, it’s sure to fire up your next pizza night!Print
- Marzetti Simply Dressed Blue Cheese or Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough (or your favorite homemade pizza dough)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 5 tablespoons hot cayenne pepper sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- blue cheese to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread pizza dough out on a 15×10-inch or larger baking sheet that has been greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Prebake dough for five minutes.
- While the dough is baking, warm the butter and hot sauce in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking to incorporate.
- Mix 1/2 cup of the buffalo sauce with the shredded chicken. Spread the remaining sauce over the prebaked pizza crust.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese and buffalo chicken and bake for another 6-8 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
- Top pizza with sliced celery, blue cheese to taste, and Marzetti Simply Dressed Blue Cheese Salad Dressing.
Note that your baking instructions will vary based on the dough you are using. The instructions provided are for a store bought thin crust refrigerated dough.
Now, I know not everyone is a fan of blue cheese, so you can definitely forgo the extra cheese. And instead of the blue cheese dressing, I recommend giving the Marzetti Simply Dressed Ranch Salad Dressing a try instead!
Try these other delicious recipes featuring Marzetti Simply Dressed:
This post brought to you by Marzetti Simply Dressed. All opinions are 100% mine.0