This post brought to you by Manwich. All opinions are 100% mine.
Sloppy Joes make a regular appearance in our meal rotation. What’s not to love about this easy, budget-friendly meal that can feed a hungry crowd in a hurry? Sure they can be a bit messy what with all of that saucy goodness, but that’s an easy fix with a bib.
In fact, the biggest issue I have with them is that I have a tendency to make just a little too much. There’s typically enough leftover for a few more sandwiches, but not enough for an entire meal…
Surprisingly, it never occurred to me to check out the Manwich recipes on their website. There are plenty of suggestions for using Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce in unconventional ways, and also some great recipes to use up any leftovers — like these totally quick and easy cheesy baked sloppy Joe cups!
Oh, and while you’re there, be sure to check out the Manwich TV ads that have been airing recently.
I also discovered that apparently I’ve been out of the loop on Manwich’s sauce offerings. We’ve always used the Original Manwich sauce, but now they offer a Bold sauce and a Thick & Chunky version. I had the opportunity to try all three, and I really couldn’t choose a personally favorite — they’re all delicious.
But back to this super easy sloppy Joe recipe… It’s a fantastic way to use up leftover sloppy Joe meat, or you can simply buy two cans of biscuits to use up the entire batch for one meal. I think these little sloppy Joe cups would be perfect for your game day spread, as well.
You simply start with a can of your favorite refrigerated biscuits. Form each biscuit into a 3-inch round and then press them each into a muffin cup. Fill the cup with your desired Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce mixture, and bake until golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
My kids seriously gobbled these baked sloppy Joe cups up, so we’ll definitely be having them often!Print
- 1-lb. ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1 can (15-oz.) Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1 can (12-oz.) refrigerated biscuits
- shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat ground beef and onions over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until cooked through. Add Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce and cook for about one minute, until hot.
- Form biscuits out into 3-inch rounds and press into the bottom and up the side of each muffin cup being careful not to poke a hole in them. Fill the centers with the sloppy Joe mixture, and bake 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of each cup, and let stand for one minute for the cheese to melt.
- Carefully remove from pan and serve warm.
As I mentioned, this is a great way to use up leftover sloppy Joe meat, but if you make the recipe as written with 1-lb. of ground beef, you should have enough to fill 20 cups, so purchase two cans of biscuits in that case.
I’m excited to share that Manwich has provided me with an awesome #Manwich Weekend Meal Prize Package valued at $100 to give away to one lucky Unsophistcook reader!
#Manwich Prize Package (ARV $100):
- All 3 Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce varieties
- 4 mess-friendly Manwich bibs
- Manwich Wooden Spoon
- Calphalon 5-qt. Chili Pot
- mess-free wipes
- $30 gift card for groceries
To enter, simply leave a comment below sharing which of these yummy Manwich recipes you’d like to try!
This giveaway ends at 5:00pm EST on Monday, 2/4/14 and is open to all U.S. residents 18 years or older. I’ll use And the Winner Is to select the winning comment. Winner will be notified by email and must respond within 48 hours of notification to claim their prize. Good luck!