If you’re looking for a simple New Year’s Eve appetizer, this tasty Greek pizza is sure to please! It’s really easy to prepare, and the flavor will appeal to adults and kids alike. My husband and oldest son may haven eaten 2/3 of this pizza between themselves…
I’ve teamed up with Marzetti again this year to share some tasty recipes showcasing their Simply Dressed line of salad dressing. Made with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and canola oil, along with other all natural ingredients, Marzetti Simply Dressed comes in 11 different flavors to pair beautifully with any salad choice.
This Greek pizza recipe uses the Marzetti Simply Dressed Greek Feta salad dressing for a punch of flavor. This particular variety is only available in select markets currently, but I’ll share some simple adaptations using other varieties at the end of this post.
Refrigerated crescent roll dough forms the crust for this appetizer pizza. Simply press two cans of your favorite crescent roll dough out into a 15×10-inch pan, making sure to completely close the seams, and prick all over with a fork to prevent any bubbles from forming while baking. Bake at 375 degrees for about 13 minutes, until golden brown, and then cool completely.
While the crust is baking, cream together the Marzetti Simply Dressed Greek Feta salad dressing, softened cream cheese, garlic powder and dill. This would also be an excellent time to chop up your cucumber, tomatoes, and black olives.
Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cooled crust, and top with the chopped cucumber, tomatoes, black olives, and crumbled feta cheese.
Cut the Greek pizza into triangles and serve immediately, or you can prepare it up to 24 hours in advance of your get together. Just cover the entire baking sheet with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate.Print
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1/2 cup Marzetti Simply Dressed Greek Feta Salad Dressing
- 1 package (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded & chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, seeded & chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Press out 2 cans of refrigerated crescent roll dough into a 15×10-inch baking sheet, making sure to seal the seams well, and prick all over with a fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 13 minutes, until golden brown. Cool completely before topping.
- Cream together softened cream cheese, Marzetti Simply Dressed Greek Feta salad dressing, garlic powder and dill. Spread evenly over cooled crust.
- Top with chopped cucumber, tomatoes, black olives, and crumbled feta cheese. I gently pressed the toppings down into the cream cheese mixture so they stay put while eating.
- Cut into triangles and serve immediately, or you can prepare this veggie pizza up to 24 hours in advance. Just cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate.
You can easily substitute ingredients to create your own appetizer pizza variation. Here are a couple of additional ideas:
- Marzetti Simply Dressed Ranch Salad Dressing paired with chopped broccoli florets and tomatoes, and shredded carrots and cheddar cheese.
- Marzetti Simply Dressed Blue Cheese Salad Dressing paired with chopped romaine lettuce and tomatoes, and crumbled bacon and blue cheese. If you go this route, I would add the lettuce right before serving.
How would you top an appetizer pizza with Marzetti Simply Dressed?
Try these other delicious recipes featuring Marzetti Simply Dressed:
This post brought to you by Marzetti Simply Dressed. All opinions are 100% mine.2