I could eat avocados every. single. day. My family? Maybe not so much, but they’re surprisingly willing to try recipes containing this lovely green fruit (or is it a veggie?), especially when it’s served in this avocado ranch dip.
Fresh, ripe avocados are combined with that all-american favorite, ranch dressing, and a few other ingredients in this avocado dip recipe. I used Marzetti Simply Dressed Ranch Dressing, a dressing that’s free of preservatives, trans fat, high fructose corn syrup, MSG and artificial flavors. We try to avoid these additives whenever possible, so I love that Marzetti makes it so easy with this tasty line of dressings!
Served with tortilla chips, potato chips or crackers, this avocado ranch dip recipe is sure to disappear fast!Print
- 1/2 cup Marzetti Simply Dressed Ranch Dressing
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Mash the avocado to desired consistency.
- Stir in Marzetti Simple Dressed Ranch Dressing, lime juice, parsley, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, and kosher salt.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips, potato chips, or crackers.
If you have a little more time and want to amp things up a bit, try stirring in some chopped tomatoes and onions and some cooked, chopped bacon for a crowd-pleasing BLT avocado ranch dip!
Im excited to share that Marzetti has offered up a couple of really sweet prize packages (each valued at $175!!!) for Unsophisticook readers! Just share which flavor of Marzetti Simply Dressed Salad Dressing is your fave in the comments to be entered to win…
Every reader has three methods available to enter this contest. Choose one each of any combination of method one, two, or three for up to a total of 3 entries!!!
If you are reading this in your email or feed reader, please CLICK HERE to visit the original blog post to enter. Email entries will not be counted.
Methods of entry:
1. Leave a comment. Tell me which Marzetti Simply Dressed Salad Dressing flavor is your favorite!
2. Subscribe to the Unsophisticook newsletter to have the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox! You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry! Leave a separate comment letting me know you have done so. If you’re already a subscriber, simply leave a separate comment letting me know you’re already subscribed.
3. Follow Unsophisticook on Pinterest to share your latest finds. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you’ve done so!
- 5 VIP Marzetti Simply Dressed coupons
- $75 Visa gift card
- Williams-Sonoma salad spinner
- Crate & Barrel over-the-sink board with colander
- Trio vegetable peeler
- Nine Marzetti assorted vegetable pods (can store leftover vegetable halves and wedges to stay firm and fresh; includes orange pepper, red pepper, green pepper, garlic, lemon, lime, onion, avocado and strawberry)
- 5 VIP Simply Dressed Coupons
- $35 Visa gift card
- Marzetti women’s half apron
- Marzetti Simply Dressed stainless knife set with cutting board
- Wood salad plates, including one platter, one 10 inch plate, four 7X8 inch plates and one 5 inch plate
This giveaway ends at 4:00pm EST on Wednesday, 5/22/13 and is open to all U.S. residents 18 years or older. I’ll use And the Winner Is to select the winning comments. Winners will be notified by email and must respond within 48 hours of notification to claim their prize. Good luck!
Try these other delicious recipes featuring Marzetti Simply Dressed:
This post brought to you by Marzetti Simply Dressed. All opinions are 100% mine.1