I’ve had a craving for chocolate covered pretzels for about a week now — love that salty-sweet combination! We’re heading to a cookout this afternoon, so I figured this was the perfect opportunity to make up a batch. You know, so I don’t eat them ALL by myself…
Plus it was a great way to keep the kids occupied so they wouldn’t whine, “Mooooommmmm, when are we leaving?!?” every five minutes. Admittedly they did still ask a couple of times, but it could have been far, far worse.
I picked up a bag of Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers at Walmart, along with a bag of pretzel rods. I melted the white chocolate (using my DIY double boiler tip), and then put the kids to work.
We prefer the haphazard results that you can achieve by drizzling on the chocolate, but you can also just dip the pretzel rods in the melted white chocolate, rolling them to ensure an even coating.
Since the 4th of July is just a few days away, I thought that dressing them up in patriotic red, white and blue sprinkles would be a fun treat.
My kids set up a little assembly line with one drizzling, one sprinkling, and one laying them out to cool, and they were done in no time. The chocolate will solidify on its own pretty quickly, but if you need to speed it along, simply place the finished pretzel rods on a baking sheet and pop them in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes or so.
Didn’t they turn out SO cute? What a quick and easy 4th of July treat!Print
- 1 bag Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 1 bag pretzel rods
- red, white and blue sprinkles
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler.
- Drizzle or dip the melted white chocolate over half of a pretzel rod. Sprinkle them with the red, white and blue sprinkles before the chocolate cools.
- Lay the coated pretzels on a piece of parchment or waxed paper to cool. If you need to cool them quickly, lay them out on a baking sheet and place them in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.